Saturday, October 11, 2014

Flea questions

Hi, all the experts here. Continue with the flea problems, pls give us your suggestion. Thank you so much!
we owned small apt complex (2 buildings, total 12 apts). One apt got serious flea infestation and another apt above this one got minor infected.  I finally forced the tenant to move the dogs out so that we can start the treatment. When checking the situation today, I have white socks covered on me. While staying inside for 3 to 5 minutes, I can see about 20 fleas jumped to my white socks and so I have to come out immediately.
To avoid the fleas jumping from one apt to another, we do not think we can bomb the apt. We will definitely get a professional exterminator.
1. Is that ok just to treat the 2 apt that have found fleas, or we have to get all 12 units treated?
2. How much is the average cost for a treatment for an apt (2 bed/2 bath, about 900 sqft)? Do we usually need several treatments? For the 2 infested one, I think we need several treaments. How about others?
3. Do the exterminator company usually have certain kind of waranty?
4. Is that reasonable to ask the tenant who caused the problem to pay for the extermination cost? How should we do that? Is that ok to ask him to pay back in 12 or 24 payments? He has to pay his rent twice each month and do not have much money left for this?


Answer by JY:
1. there is no way you can treat it yourself at this point, everyday goes by, more eggs will hatch.
2. usually cost my $140 for 4 units if I do at same time.
3. at least 2 treatments needed.
4. you can ask that tenant pay for all or portion, its your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment